Anderson Township

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

 
Anderson Township is a township located in extreme southeastern Hamilton County along the Ohio and Little Miami Rivers, approximately 13 miles southeast of downtown Cincinnati. The 2010 census found 43,446 people in the township,[4] making it one of the most populous townships in the state of Ohio.[5]
 

History

Anderson Township's earliest settlement came in 1788, when pioneer Benjamin Stites settled near the mouth of the Little Miami River. The township was organized in 1793 as part of the Virginia Military District and was bounded by the Ohio and Little Miami Rivers, and the mouth of the Eight Mile Creek to the east. The township was important during its early days as the site of Flinn's Ford, the southernmost crossing of the Little Miami River. Anderson Township remained mainly undeveloped forest and agricultural land until post-World War II suburbanization brought new infrastructure to the community. The population grew by an average of 1,000 persons per year from the 1950s through the early 1990s bringing massive residential and commercial developments to the area.[6] Anderson Township is named for Richard Clough Anderson, Virginia's chief surveyor when the township was created.[7

For more information Click Here

 

 

 
Courtesy of the MLS of Greater Cincinnati. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties the consumer may be interested in purchasing. This data is up-to-date as of Sep 30, 2020 9:15:pm. The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity program of the Multiple Listing Service of Greater Cincinnati. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than the owner of this page are marked with the Broker Reciprocity logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers Copyright © 2020, MLS of Greater Cincinnati, Inc. All rights reserved.